Search engine optimization or SEO is a marketing strategy used to enhance the online presence of your business. If your business is not among the top spots in Google and other search engines, you are leaving a lot of money on the table. In fact, your competitor is eating into your market share. This is why you need to have a compelling presence online if you want to attract targeted traffic to your website.
SEO is an inbound marketing strategy which is one of the cheapest among all the other strategies such as pay per click advertisements, email marketing, social media marketing and so forth. A great way to learn it is www.gotchseoacademy.com, all around amazing SEO course. The traffic you get through SEO methods is highly targeted to your product or service compared to customers you get through outbound marketing efforts such as cold calling. Cold calling is more expensive than SEO and the clients you find through such methods are not highly targeted as with SEO. This is why you need to use SEO to promote your business online.
There are two ways that you can make use of SEO for your business. One is to hire an SEO company to do the hard work on your behalf, or you do it yourself. The former is a great option for an established business. SEO services are not cheap after all. A good SEO service is out of the reach for most of the startup and upcoming businesses. The only option left for such a business is to learn search engine optimization themselves. Learning SEO is not easy with the information overload on the internet. There is so much of confusing information that you will feel like giving up learning SEO even before you start to learn it. True, there are hundreds of free resources on the net that will help you learn SEO effectively. But how will you find these resources?
In fact, there are many free resources that will help you learn SEO effectively. SEO is a long-term process, and you need to be patient enough to stick with the process until you see the desired results of your efforts. Here is a reliable free online resource that will help you learn SEO effectively.
Moz (SEOMoz) – This is one of the best free resources that will help you learn SEO effectively. Their content is presented in such a systematic way that even a complete beginner can learn about SEO if he or she follows their blog.
The aforementioned article provides information on how to learn SEO effectively?
Ever really thought how to write business letters? I am sure you haven’t really given it much thought like most people. You just dash out the letters the way they taught in school. But will you believe that writing business letter is an art and I have even come across business writing online class where they teach you the fine nuances!
Most of the business people just skim through their mails so state your purpose of writing in the opening line of the letter itself. My good friend at a St Louis Web Design Company, doesn’t even check his email himself! Though the person reading your letter will be most probably skimming your letter but it is highly probable that they will notice your grammar or spelling mistakes. Activate the writing tools like spell check, thesaurus, and grammar tips in your word processing program and make your letter error free.
Few steps to write a business letters
The tips you’re about to read are thanks to Nathan Gotch, CEO of 314 Marketing Co. – a St. Louis marketing agency.
- To begin with, though it is vital to write a letter which sounds natural, but still make sure that the tone of a business letter is formal instead of using normal, conversational English. However keep the language simple and easy to understand at the same time.
- While writing any type of business letter the main thing to remember is to state your point clearly and concisely.
- Use 1″ margins and a font like Times New Roman (12) or Georgia (11).
- Even your sentences ought to be of 2 ½ lines, if possible shorter.
- Your letter should fit on one side of an 8 ½” x 11″ sheet.
- It is recommended to use active voice instead of passive.
- Print on only one side of your paper.
- You can write the letter in either the block format or various indented format.
- The first thing to write is the return address of the business letter writer.
- Write the date of writing the letter.
- Write the complete name, title and address of the receiver.
- Give your salutation with a colon.
- Then write the Body of the letter in three to four paragraphs. Use single space between lines and double between paragraphs.
- Finally, close your letter with a ‘Sincerely’ and then put your signature above your name.
- Mention the number of enclosure if any.
There are many people who write an important business letter, just print it out and then mail it without any further consideration. We recommended that you let your complete letter stay on the computer for a couple of hours, go back and again read it.
Do not just skim your letter. If you read it closely then you might be surprised at the amount of silly mistakes you have done. It takes a lot of patience to write a perfect business letter. Make sure that your ideas have been expressed in a clear yet concise manner. With time and practice writing business letter will be a piece of cake for you as words will begin to flow more easily and quickly.
Hence you need not panic and fret over how to write business letters next time the opportunity arises!